Sports are often viewed as an unnecessary extracurricular activity or elective. The sports teams usually get the least funding and the worst facilities available to them since they are seen as not academically related. But it is very important for schools to consider the importance of sports facilities in school. At school, students spend a large portion of their time there throughout the day. So if students don’t like the sports teams that their school offers, then it could lower their happiness at school which can affect both academic performance and physical health problems. Here are some reasons why providing proper sports facilities in school is important:
1) Students who have access to good sports facilities will be more likely to take part in sport activities after school rather than other, more dangerous activities.
2) High school students who have access to good sports facilities are more likely to be involved in a healthy lifestyle as an adult. This is because many high school students start practicing certain habits from a young age.
3) Sports teams help with teamwork and communication skills, teaching them how to work together as a unit rather than as individual players. A team that works well together is much more likely to win competitions which can raise school spirits and encourage other students to participate in sports teams.
4) Students will be happier at their school if they feel like they fit in somewhere since it has been proven that happiness leads to better academic performance . If the only reason why the student chose particular school was because of its sports teams, then they will be much more likely to stick with the school rather than dropping out and moving onto a different one.
5) Injuries from sports can often lead to students being unable to participate in other activities which could affect their success at school. Therefore, if schools have good sports facilities, students are less likely to become injured because proper outfits and equipment will be provided to them in a safe environment.
6) Having a variety of sports offered in high school helps generate individuality in that student population since it allows each student to find something that they love which they can excel at compared to the next person who might not share the same interests as them. This also develops healthy competition between students creating a fun experience for everyone involved rather than feeling like the activity was pointless like it would if students were forced to partake in an activity which they hated.
7) A student is less likely to drop out of school or get into trouble with the law if they are interacting with their school community rather than staying home and isolating themselves all day long . It has been scientifically proven that teenagers perform better in school when they have some sort of physical activity during the day which will encourage them to stay at their current school even if they don’t love every single sport on offer. This is useful for schools since having more sports teams will give them larger funding, leading to better facilities for everyone involved.
8) Having good sports facilities allows students who didn’t originally enjoy sports but still only joined the team because it was a requirement, to become more involved and find a sport which they enjoy. It is useful for schools because if students find a sport that they love, then they will be much more likely to spend money on equipment or gear needed for the sport so their school will have an increased budget from this.
9) Schools with better sports facilities often win competitions which not only raise school spirits but also pride since the students feel like the work they put in over the course of time while preparing for competition has paid off . This can encourage other schools with less prestigious teams to practice harder in order to compete against the champions next time even though there might be a difference in talent between them.
10) If student has bad skills at one particular sport, they will be more motivated to practice and improve their skills if their school has a variety of sports offered rather than sticking with one sport which doesn’t make use of the student’s specific skill set. This is useful for schools since it encourages students to continue attending practices and getting better which can help them secure a future in that particular sport after high school.