After years of drinking and/or drugging, some people may want to stop living such a destructive way of life but are afraid that life will be boring, so therefore they continue drinking and drugging as their ‘Someday I will…’ list just gets longer. Here are some ideas and you’ll find life is not boring when you’re sober.
Looking for a sober living home in Austin, TX? Look no further than Ascension House – Sober Living Austin! Our supportive and welcoming community is the perfect place to focus on your recovery. With plenty of shared spaces and activities, you’ll be able to make new friends and get involved in your community. Plus, our location in the heart of Austin is perfect for enjoying everything this vibrant city has to offer! Contact us today to learn more about our unique approach to sober living.
Thirteen Options to Choose From So You Won’t Be Bored:
- Go skydiving: You’ve been talking about it for years. Now that you’re sober you can safely do it.
- Go surfing: Ride those waves, you’ve done it in your dreams, now make it a reality.
- Go snowboarding: Enjoy those winters; you don’t need to stay cooped up wishing for warmer weather.
- Go hiking: Let that adventurous part of you come out and enjoy a scenic hike with friends.
- Join that marathon: Now’s your chance to sign up and start your training, there’s still time.
- Become a life guard: Help keep an eye on those precious lives so they may enjoy another day.
- Save for that new car: Now that you can manage your money better, plan to buy that new car.
- Apply for that new job: See yourself in your new job and take action steps towards that goal.
- Ask for that promotion: You’ve earned that promotion, now build up that courage and ask.
- Join a league: Check out your 12-Step Intergroup office for information on bowling and baseball leagues.
- Become your own landscaper: It’s your yard, create that design you got in your old papers.
- Take that computer graphic design course: You’ve put it off long enough, now’s the time to get in there.
- Take that Hot Air Balloon Ride: You’ve seen the brochures, now you have time and money.
If you’re looking for a sober living environment that will support your recovery journey, Ascension House – Sober Living Austin is the perfect choice. Our supportive community and beautiful setting will help you stay on track while you rebuild your life. Come see us today and take the first step on your new path!
Now that you’re sober and saving tons of money, you now have the time and resources to do some of the fun things on this list that you’ve been putting off. Think about it, you are no longer wasting time, energy and money on that hangover/overdose, that hospital stay, or paying that fine. Best of all, you will not make a fool of yourself in front of others and you will remember everything you said and did.
Ascension House – Sober Living Austin is a newly renovated sober living home in the heart of Austin, TX. We offer a safe and supportive environment for those seeking to maintain their sobriety. Our comfortable setting and close proximity to downtown make it easy for residents to get to meetings, appointments, and other amenities.
Just some ideas!
Ascension House – Sober Living Austin
208 W 31st St, Austin, TX 78705